Monday, July 7, 2008

Gourmet Club-Hawaiian


OK--so a few friends and I have been doing a "Gourmet Club" we picked lots of different themes we would like to try. Then we decide on one--everyone brings dishes for the theme--this one was Hawaiian. I have to tell you--Lauryn told me "Mom--I don't want pressure you or anything--but I am expecting big things from you--we are Hawaiian--you are going to have to come through on this"--yeah--NO pressure!!!!!! Anyway here's what I made--Huli-Huli Chicken served over rice, Manapua and Hawaiian Pork Hash. Huli Huli chicken is marinated overnight then cooked slowly--my Mom has made this for us when we visit. Manapua is a pork filled bun--the pork has a sauce on it. Hawaiian Pork Hash is a steamed dumpling-type thing with a pork filling. The first time I had these my Great Auntie Rita brought them from the Big Island. They were in a bakery box that she carried on the plane with her. These are SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!! We love all of these--and they really aren't that hard to make.

1 comment:

Grin and Barrett said...

OHHHH YEAH!!! Yummy! Two thumbs up.....