Monday, July 28, 2008

Gettysburg


Well--we went to Gettysburg on our way to Philly. Now--I have to tell you and it may come as a complete shock to you--I am not a big outdoorsy kinda girl. I know--you can hardly believe it--anyway--so we go to Gettysburg--this is not on the top of my vacation hot spots--I mean come on--no ocean--no sand!!! It was like a million degrees outside and there is lots of walking around a huge field and woods. I have to say--the researcher in me had done all the prep work--and the website for Gettysburg needs updating!!!!!! You were supposed to be able to get a map from any Visitor's Center--oh yeah--they forgot to mention that they closed all the Visitor's Centers, when they opened the New Multi-Million dollar one--which of course doesn't yet have good signage--so you can actually locate it--oops!!! Once you find the NEW, thankfully air-conditioned, Visitor's Center it has lots of very good displays and memorabilia--but I suggest going in the fall or spring--not when it is 100 degrees!!!!

No comments: