Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Maui Sands









To celebrate going back to school we went to Maui Sands--which is an indoor water park. L&L had a wonderful time!! They should have been water logged they spent so much time in the water!!! There were 4 different water slides--two of them go outside of the building. We were there, Darcee's family was there and Jennifer's family was there--all the kids would get the tubes and up the stairs(and stairs and stairs) they would go. They played tag in the lazy river--I don't think they understood the whole "lazy river" concept!!! The favorite was Maui Wowie. In that one you go down a the slide into a giant bowl, circle around then down into the bottom part of the slide and finally dumped into the lazy river. So--we promise the kids we would go on the slides with them!! Seriously--what was I thinking??? Up the stairs I go--not good for the knee--Logan being the great kid he is carried our tube up all the stairs. I ask the lifeguard which slide is shorter--apparently there is no good answer to this question. We go on the Maui wowie--Logan in front and me in the back. I am so NOT prepared for the first PLUNGING hill--did I say hill--I meant drop, steep drop. Then to convince me that the drop wasn't that big a deal we go flying into the bowl--now let me tell you, I watched Logan go on this, he goes around 1 time--well with my big butt in the tube with him we went around 3 times and if that wasn't bad enough--we ended up backward. Now--I am pretty certain that the bottom half isn't as steep as the top half--but you will never be able to prove this by me--since we went into the tunnel facing the wrong direction--it made the finish way more exciting than I really needed it to be. Personally--I prefer the lazy river.


The video's are of the indoor surf machine. Logan tried to use a surfboard--but he didn't last. Jennifer's husband George was the only grown up who was brave enough to try it and their son Josh was using a board before we left!!!




No comments: